Basic Staff Training (BST)
It is mandatory that all Pathfinder and Adventurer staff attend Basic Staff training. It is recomended that all staff attend every 3 years as a refresher especially where they have not been continually active in the ministry.
The BST Course is designed to develop awareness in leaders of the basic fundamentals of the Pathfinder/Adventurer Club and help teachers become familiar with the procedures, policies and resources necessary to commence and maintain a Pathfinder club. It will teach those basic elements of information required for any Pathfinder/Adventurer staff member or leader to adequately fulfil his or her duties.
Participants will attend a minimum of 10 hours of seminar training conducted by the SEC. Which is currently run accross 2 Sundays, (dates for 2019 are below). In addition to this the participants are expected to complete the SEC KCFS (Keeping the Church Family Safe) Training (with the exception of Guide class).
The seminar will cover the following areas:
* Pathfinder Club Ministry: Its History, Purpose, and Relationship to Church, TLT and MasterGuides
* Introduction to Club Organisation & Leadership
* Introduction to Pathfinder Club Outreach
* Introduction to Basic Drill
* Introduction to Pathfinder Club Programming and Planning
* Development Growth (Pathfinder & Adventurer)
* Introduction to Teaching Skills (Pathfinder & Adventurer)
* Introduction to Medical, Risk Management, Child Safety Issues and Outdoor Safety
2019 Dates for Basic Staff training are:
Sunday 3rd March - Advent Centre
Sunday 17th March - Advent Centre
Sunday 2nd June - Advent Centre
Sunday 30th June - Advent Centre
Sunday 13th October - Advent Centre
Sunday 20th October - Advent Centre
Please note to complete the training you will need to attend all sessions on both days, and complete the SEC KCFS training.
Once you have completed all sessions including KCFS, you will need to submit your signed certification form to the SEC office, and you will be issued with a certificate.