Basic Staff Training (BST)
It is mandatory that all Pathfinder and Adventurer staff attend Basic Staff training, and do so every 3 years as a refresher.
The BST Course is designed to develop awareness in leaders of the basic fundamentals of the Pathfinder Club and help teachers become familiar with the procedures, policies and resources necessary to commence and maintain a Pathfinder club. It will teach those basic elements of information required for any Pathfinder staff member or leader to adequately fulfil his or her duties.
Participants will attend a minimum of 10 hours of seminar training conducted by the SEC. Which is currently run accross 2 Sundays, (dates for 2018 are below). In addition to this the participants are expected to complete the SEC KCFS (Keeping the Church Family Safe) Training.
The seminar will cover the following areas:
* Pathfinder Club Ministry: Its History, Purpose, and Relationship to Church, Adventurers and
* Introduction to Club Organisation & Leadership
* Introduction to Pathfinder Club Outreach
* Introduction to Basic Drill
* Introduction to Pathfinder Club Programming and Planning
* Development Growth (Pathfinder & Adventurer)
* Introduction to Teaching Skills (Pathfinder & Adventurer)
* Introduction to Medical, Risk Management, Child Safety Issues and Outdoor Safety
2018 Dates for Basic Staff training are:
Sunday 14th January - Advent Centre
Sunday 21th January - Advent Centre
Sunday 3rd June - Advent Centre
Sunday 24th June - Advent Centre
Sunday 7thOctober - Advent Centre
Sunday 14th October - Advent Centre
Please note to complete the training you will need to attend all sessions on both days, and complete the SEC KCFS training.
Once you have completed all sessions including KCFS, you will need to submit your signed certification form to the SEC office, and you will be issued with a certificate.